Join us May 19, 2016 for the 3rd annual Spokane STEMposium @ WSU Spokane
The Spokane STEMposium is a FREE one-day event at WSU Spokane that provides middle
and high school students throughout the region the opportunity to present their STEM
projects in a conference setting.
Spokane STEMposium is designed to:
- Encourage and reward innovative student research and provide professional scientists and engineers the chance to interact with some of the best and brightest young students.
- Provide students a platform to share their projects with their peers and learn about STEM related issues.
- Promote an understanding of STEM research among middle and high school students.
- Enable students, through their active participation, to demonstrate their mastery of Next Generation Science Standards
How does it work?
Conduct scientific research on a STEM topic of choice and explore something in the field of technology/engineering or investigate a STEM career.
Write a technical paper about their project and submit in advance for review and acceptance to present in the conference.
High school seniors may be eligible to compete for various college scholarship awards. 2015 scholarships included:
- EWU College of Engineering, Health and Science - $3,000
- U of I College of Ag & Life Sciences - $1,000
- U of I College of Natural Resources - $1,500 with the ability to renew three additional years
- U of I College of Science - $3,000 over two years
- WSU College of Engineering - $2,000 with the ability to renew three additional years
- WSU College of Science - one $3,000 and one $2,000
- Cash scholarships sent to college of choice
- February 26, 2016 – Teacher pre-registration form due
- April 15, 2016 – Project due date
- Early May – Project paper evaluation rubric and list of accepted projects sent to teachers
- May 19, 2016 – STEMposium at WSU Spokane!
Ready to get started?